Yvonne W. Navarro, Esq, director
Welcome to the Pacific Union Conference Gift Planning & Trust Services web page. We are blessed to have an outstanding Gift Planning & Trust Services Department in each of our conferences and institutions, working together to further the work of the Lord. Our purpose is to provide gift-planning options for donors who wish to financially support the mission of Seventh-day Adventist organizations. Therefore, our primary goal is to provide a source of lifetime income for you and your spouse, while helping you care for additional family provisions. We believe in the statement that "all I am and all I have belong to the Lord." As we enter into a covenant with God regarding our personal finances, He will lead and direct each of us individually to know how to use the blessings He hasbestowed on us so that His work can be furthered according to His will.
Continuing Education for certified trust services personnel: The next Pacific Union program will be in 2018, date and location to be determined.
2017 NAD Planned Giving & Trust Services Conference: August 7-10, 2017 in Tucson, AZ at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort. Plan your arrival for Monday, August 7 (Monday evening welcome reception); Educational sessions: Tuesday August 8 - Thursday August 10. Resort website: https://www.loewshotels.com/ventana-canyon. Group reservations should be open in Spring 2017.
Changes in the Program:
For years the Trust Services Departments in local conferences and Institutions focused on after-death distribution of estates. Wills and trusts are still a part of the program offered to our members. We now offer many types of asset and estate plan designs. This type of planning can actually help you multiply your estate so as to magnify your impact on the mission of Christ to seek and to save the lost. Whether your estate is small or great, we can help you plan so you can give it once, twice, or more. If you or a family member needs to be cared for after the death of a loved one, we can assist you with a program that will meet these needs. Our workers will encourage you to make asset and estate planning part of your daily walk with the Lord and to listen to His still, small voice of instruction of when to give, what to give, and where to give to magnify the Lord while we are yet on this earth
The Life of Sacrifice: Sincere believers are making a covenant with the Lord out of hearts filled with memories of His blessings through their lives. We provide financial resources to support the mission of our church in its outreach and nurture. Year by year faithful estate donors continue to donate to the Lord’s work through the Gift Planning and Trust Services programs. It is our hope that you will seek the Lord’s will in relationship to your assets as you do in other areas of your life.
Western Adventist Foundation: The Western Adventist Foundation was established in 1998 and serves as Corporate Trustee for Union Trust Services and other Adventist organizations who have joined. The Foundation offers an advanced level of financial services so we can work with funds more efficiently. Western Adventist Foundation is located at:
1225 W. Washington Street, Suite 120
Tempe, AZ 85281-1237
Endowment Funds - Many people prefer to include one or more endowment funds as beneficiaries under their estate plan. Endowment funds might already be in place at your local church, school and conference. The Pacific Union Conference has two established endowment funds, the Educational Endowment Fund and the Evangelism Endowment Fund.
- Educational Endowment Fund - The Educational Endowment Fund was established in 1985 and has assisted many young people with the cost of their Christian education.
- Evangelism Endowment Fund - The Evangelism Endowment fund was established by two estate donors who had a burden for evangelism and who provided the funds to launch this Fund. The annual income from this endowment is being used for church growth efforts. The fund supports new and creative evangelistic outreach programs. Projects are funded each Spring through the President’s Office of the Pacific Union. The projects are monitored for specific outcome goals and number of souls won for Christ. Projects that have merit may then be duplicated in other conferences. This gives us the opportunity to fund evangelistic projects that otherwise may not ever be given a testing ground.
Plans that Can Work for You
There are many options available to you. Some are listed below and give a brief outline of what they can do for you.
- Trusts Income Enhancement
- Trusts Retirement
- Trusts Deferred Inheritance
- Trusts Charitable Annuities
- "Charitable IRAs"
- Education Trusts
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Rawhide Trusts
Who Can You Contact - Each of our conferences and institutions has a person who can be contacted to establish your personal asset and estate plan.
- Arizona Conference -- John Shachinger (480) 991-6777
- Central California Conference -- Todd Paige (559) 347-3123
- Hawaii Conference -- Gary Johnson - (808) 595-7591
- La Sierra University -- Christine Cales (951) 785-2386
- Nevada-Utah Conference -- Debra Waggoner -- (775) 322-6929
- Northern California Conference -- Richard Magnuson, Jr. (925) 603-5056
- Pacific Union College -- Eckhard Hubin (707) 965-6596
- Pacific Union Conference -- Yvonne W. Navarro, Esq. (805) 413-7264
- Southeastern California Conference -- Charles McKinstry (951) 509-2221
- Southern California Conference -- R. Geofry Park (818) 546-8421
We want to encourage you to contact your local planned giving advisor and find out what you can do to further the work of the Lord. We want to offer a brighter hope for the future, yet we know that time is short. Please make this a matter of prayer and careful thought as you live in witness for the Master.
High resolution photo of Yvonne Navarro
Carol Lowe, secretary
Carol has worked in the Union office since 2000. In addition to being secretary in the Gift Planning and Trust Services department, Carol is administrative assistant to the union president and secretary in the Literature Ministries department.